What is Massage?
Massage Therapy comes under the category of complementary or allied health in Australia.
Massage Therapy is described as the systematic and scientific manipulation of soft tissues by trained massage therapists for therapeutic purposes. Massage Therapy promotes health and is thought to be the oldest healing art known to humans, recorded as being used by the Chinese, Greeks and Romans in ancient history.
What do our Massage Therapists do?
Therapeutic Massage – A deeply relaxing & rebalancing treatment using smooth, deep & flowing techniques. This can improve circulation, increase range of motion, relieve muscle tension and lighten emotional & physical stress. Our Massage Therapists also work in conjunction with our Physiotherapists as part of our integrated physio treatment plans. Our treatments leave you feeling restored.
Benefits of Massage……
- may alleviate or reduce pain, stiffness or soreness
- improves circulation and relieves congestion in the tissues
- helps clear muscles of lactic and uric acid formed in exercise
- stimulates the production of red blood cells
- promotes lymph flow, hastening the elimination of cell wastes
- relaxes muscle hyper-tonicity and relieves muscle tension
- improves muscle tone and delays muscle atrophy
- can separate fascial fibres & prevent the formation of adhesions
- assists the reduction of oedema in joints and soft tissue
- promotes wellbeing
- stimulates kinaesthetic awareness of the body
Always ensure your therapist is a qualified professional and is a member of a professional association.
This ensures that they must practice under a Code of Ethics and a strict standard of practice.